Step 2 // Rip off ten pieces of scotch tape (one for each nail) and then cut those in half so you have twenty total strips.
Step 3 // Apply one strip of tape crossways, make sure to press down firm.
Step 4 // Apply a second strip of tape across the opposite way.
Step 5 // Paint the tip of your nail, which shouldn’t be taped, in the other color.
Step 6 // Peel off tape & wait for it all to dry!
• Don’t try to use packing tape, it won’t work and you’ll just end up getting mad (experience taught me this one!)
• It is a necessity to wait for each coat to dry before adding another, or applying tape!
• Peel tape off ASAP, the quicker the better because even if your base coat is completely dry it still might peel if you leave the tape on too long.
• Adding a top coat will blend the two layers so there isn’t a step up to the triangle.
• If you’d like to do the triangle in lighter color than the base coat then try adding a coat of white to the triangle area first.